I have not posted a weekly summary since week 4. Mostly there has not been anything earth shattering during the last 3 weeks until I think about the 3 weeks as a whole. During this time I have finished my job assignment in Washington DC, moved back to Tennessee, started my “new” job, and moved in with my fiancé. That is actually a lot of change even without following a specific nutrition plan. I will not say that the program has been easy there these changes but I have stayed the course and not cheated. There is now tempted food in my house which has sparked some cravings. I have been handling that by finding something else to do which is quite easy when you still have boxes piled up that need to be unpacked.
I have started to get settled into a new routine. I have been getting into work early so that I can go to the 4:30 Crossfit WOD. I prefer the earlier WOD because then I have time to cook dinner and still go to bed at a reasonable time. I am starting back to Crossfit Endurance today which I have not done for 2 weeks now.
Some things that I have noticed over the last few weeks…
- I am eating the same things over and over. I am not particularly bored with what I am eating but I think some variety would be good.
- My performance in the gym is finally improving again after a pretty steep drop early in the nutrition program.
- Almost everyone I talk to is commenting that they can tell I have lost weight. My clothes are getting really big. The pants I wore today were a little tight 7 weeks ago and now I have at least 4 inches of extra space around the waist. I had to buy a belt.
- My fingernails are crazy strong. I have always had really weak, brittle nails that would never grow and would split really easy. Now they are super strong and hard.
- My sleep also seems to have leveled out. I sleep well most of the time just not always enough which is something I can control.