My sleep has been all over the place through this nutrition challenge. Of course my sleep was all over the place before as well. Overall my sleep has improved but not to where I would expect it to be based on the reading that I have been doing. When it is good it is really good and when it is bad it is really bad.
Some changes I have already made to try to get better sleep:
- Set a nighttime routine. I do not watch TV or work on the computer for at least 30 minutes before I go to be.
- Set a regular bedtime window. For me this is between 9:00 and 10:00pm.
- I made my bedroom as dark as possible. I have hung dark curtains and do not have anything that emits light such as an alarm clock in the room.
Some additional changes I need to try:
- Keep the same schedule on the weekends as weekdays for bedtime and get up time.
- Try for an hour without electronics before bed.
- Try to be in bed by 9:30 instead of 10:00.